Workshop objectives and details
Organizers of BIO-Remedi 2022 are putting up a preconference workshop on “Advances in 3D Printing and Bioprinting
” as a primer to the conference. This workshop is aimed to provide an overall view of the advance concepts of 3D Printing and Bioprinting which comes under the umbrella of additive manufacturing. Additive Manufacturing (AM), popularly known as 3D Printing, fabricates the objects by selectively adding the material in a layer-by-layer fashion. By ASTM, the AM processes are classified into seven categories. For each AM process, the method and mechanism of adding the material is an essential and unique consideration to realize structures with desired properties.
With the current advances being made in the patient specificity, the uniformity, the ease of manufacturing as well as the far-reaching outcomes of 3D printing and bioprinting, it has become an essential tool for the researchers in the field of material sciences, biological sciences, regenerative medicine, biomedical sciences and other interdisciplinary areas to be well versed with it. The workshop will comprise of introductory and advanced lectures on various 3D printing and bioprinting techniques, the associated software handling and 3D designing as well as relevant hands-on session for the masses to acquire the working knowledge of 3D fabrication.
A two-day preconference workshop on “Advances on 3D Printing and Bioprinting
” is aimed at enriching the skills and knowledge of students, professionals, and researchers with cutting-edge research, fundamental understanding, recent industrial development, and ongoing research on the subject.
- Fundamentals of various 3D Printing processes and CAPP packages for 3D printing
- Demonstration of Metal Additive manufacturing systems:
- Powder–Bed Fusion
- Wire – Arc Additive Manufacturing
- Power-feed Directed Energy Deposition
- Hybrid Manufacturing Processes
- Demonstration of Polymer Additive Manufacturing System:
- Fused Deposition Modelling
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Demonstration of concrete 3D Printer System
- Demonstration and Hands on session with 3D Bioprinter:
- Introduction to Bioink and Biomaterial Ink
- Addition of cellular and biologically active components
- 3D Bioprinting for various tissues and organs
Workshop objectives and details
The workshop would give researchers the necessary skills to effectively communicate the significance of their research while drafting of the manuscript and cover letter, as well as publishing in impact journals. The workshop on Science Communication will encompass topics pertaining to the importance of communicating science effectively to the public, how to communicate complex scientific ideas clearly to a general audience, and the available mass communication platforms allowing researchers to achieve their goal of reaching a greater audience.
- General science communication: Layman/general public, social media and NEWS science communication
- Narrating scientific ideas and publishing in Journals
- Ethics of scientific writing and publishing
Prof. Biman B. Mandal
Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Guwahati